Oh, how frustrating?!?! The pain finally subsides to the point that I can cough without assistance from Hydrocodone and I get an allergy attack. These past two mornings I woke up with a really scratchy throat, unrelated to the Tonsillectomy.
Also, since my nose is runny, apparently I'm snoring (according to my weefee-poo-kins). Which explains the incredible soreness (combined with the scratchiness) that I experienced the morning of Day 8.
I'm also having other bodily reactions that aren't worth detailing in this public blog. I theorize that my body is disagreeing with my brain's decision to remove part of it and this is it's act of protest... "Oh yeah, you're taking out my tonsils... let's see what other preventative measures I provide that you can 'live without'"... my body is so passive/aggressive.
But, there is hope! My voice is returning. I don't sound as stupid as I did a week ago (except when I actually say something that's stupid). Although I now sound like I have a cold.
The white coating, if you will, that was left on my tonsil-cavities is slowly coming off almost like it's by attrition. I was under the impression that it would come off all at once like a scab. Maybe this is better... 'cause, seriously, who wants to swallow a scab?
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
HA HA! Your body is passive/aggressive. Hilarious.
And, you're right. No one wants to swallow a scab.
Hope your unmentionable issue is over soon.
Post a Comment