Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tonsillectomy - Day 7 (07/28/2008)

Meet my new best friend: Liquid Extra Strength Tylenol. Yep, that same stuff that does little-to-nothing for a headache has done wonders for my throat pain.

Today was my first day back at work and my first day without prescribed pain medication. I woke up feeling better but by 10am the pain was back to Day 6 levels.

Some at work noted my goofy voice. Others noted the Easter Lily in my cube that nearly died in my absence. Others just wanted me to get my work done (j/k). There are a couple of guys at work considering a tonsillectomy who wanted all the details from my experience. They may have to wait until it hurts less to talk for full disclosure.

In the evening, I decided that I needed more pain medication. We rounded up the family (which, for 5 more weeks includes… well… just Ailee Mae) and headed out to the Wal-marts (“the Wal-marts” is SE Missouri for “Wal-mart”).

Cherry-Flavored Extra Strength Liquid Tylenol was the only OTC Liquid pain killer at the Wal-marts. And wouldn’t you know it, it worked! I felt great in the evening… better than I have since Day 0 of this Tonsillectomy Blog.

But, if that stuff is cherry-flavored, then I still have tonsils. The taste of "Cherry"-Flavored Extra Strength Liquid Tylenol can be described as a combination of liquefied muffler residue and Robitussin with some Louisiana Hot Sauce to make sure it burns on the way down. I mean, is that really necessary? I wonder if the horrible taste is there solely to ensure that no one overdoses?

Disaster averted!! I will not be overdosing on "Cherry"-Flavored Extra Strength Liquid Tylenol!

1 comment:

Ken said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.